Jesse Friedman, Author of Web Designers Guide to WordPress
Legions of web designers and developers are choosing WordPress for building sites. That’s because it’s powerful, reliable, flexible, scalable–and more. This book is your complete guide to mastering WordPress theme development, covering everything from installation to leveraging the community and resources to improve your WordPress skills for years to come.
In this book you’ll learn how to:
- Install WordPress and work on a development server
- Create site plans and content architecture
- Develop basic through advanced WordPress themes
- Maintain responsive design integrity
- Implement the right plugins
- Convert an already-built website to a WordPress-powered theme
- Get involved with the WordPress community With detailed explanations, real-life examples, and step-by-step tutorials, you’ll find everything you need to build and deploy WordPress-powered websites with no prior server-side or WordPress development experience.
“I think there’s still a chance – if we’re strong and brave.”
– Wendy Torrance
WordPress in a Weekend
Are you ready to get started in WordPress this weekend? This ebook features step-by-step instructions for a two-day session on setting up your blog or website using the right tools to launch your content. Author Jesse Friedman will help you understand the power of WordPress, which drives 20 percent of the entire internet, and what it can do for your business or creative endeavor.
In this detailed guide you will:
- Learn how to build your page using existing themes, tags, pages, and menus, and six must-have plugins
- Understand hosting requirements and how to choose a hosting provider
- Organize your content and know the difference between pages and posts, categories and tags, making a content strategy that fits your needs
- Discover six tips to help you publish like a pro
- Prepare your site for launch and complete ongoing site management
Everyone is out to get you! There are spammers, crackers, and hackers all over the globe attempting to infiltrate millions of websites. Their goal is to break through your proverbial front door. You should take security concerns seriously when setting up and maintaining your WordPress blog or website. This ebook offers important techniques on how to protect your site and user data. WordPress expert Jesse Friedman will help you:
• Learn who’s out there and how to address Botnets, spammers, and personal or direct attackers
• Understand basic security precautions and how to use the key tools of the trade to protect your site–BruteProtect, Clef, VaultPress, Akismet, and CloudFlare
• Discover how to update your core, vet your plugins, update themes, and stop Botnets to safeguard your site